The Livingstone Primary School Music Program aims to strengthen and develop the enjoyment and understanding of music; to encourage the communication of musical thinking and feeling; to develop awareness of expressive components in music; and to develop basic technical agility such as reading and writing and to encourage co-operation with others and to find pleasure in shared experiences.
- participate in singing, playing and movement activities appropriate to their level of development;
- develop knowledge of musical elements: beat, rhythm, pitch, improvisation and ensemble appropriate to level of development;
- read, write and perform musical notation with elemental use of time names;
- sing, read and write when developing pitch concepts;
- develop listening skills through aural recognition of rhythm and pitch;
- develop performing arts skills using creativity and improvisation as well as being able to perform from a scripted piece, and
- develop ensemble skills from working in small groups – instrumentally, dramatically and vocally.