Tours & Enrolments
LPS School Tours
School tours are available on Fridays at 9:30AM and are conducted by a member of our leadership team.
Please contact the school office to book a school tour on 98037673.
Enrolment enquiries can be made via our school office via our Contact Page or by calling (03) 9803 7673. Please understand that all year levels are currently full, unless your residence is within the school’s designated catchment. Please refer to Find My School for further details on school catchment areas.
If your child is starting school next year then it is now time to start the enrolment process. Children born before April 30 may start school in the year in which they turn five, children born after May 1 start school in the year that they turn six.
Further information regarding our Foundation program, please visit our LPS Kinder-Foundation Transition Hub. This hub will provide up-to-date information, videos (for both students and parents), handy resources and an informative FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
Students currently studying at another school and families who are planning to move into the area, please contact us at any time to discuss possible enrolment. Students who are moving from another school are requested to provide Livingstone PS with any past reports to assist our teaching and planning for your child.
For families who are joining our school midway through the year, please view our New Enrolment Information Handbook.
Placement and Zoning
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
· visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
· call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
· email the VSBA at email@example.com
2024 Foundation (Prep) enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Livingstone Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Livingstone Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do
1. Contact our school to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
2. Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
3. Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
4. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
5. Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
6. Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.